Sunday, April 19, 2009

I Think I'd Like That

As I sit here in the darkness
My mind adrift in the universe of my thoughts
I think of the joy of life
Sharing your heart with love rife
I see things around me which only love can explain
And I say to myself, I think I'd like that.

When you know you love someone
It's often at first glance
You can feel it in your veins
You can see without sight
Your mind soars to the depths of the deep and it feels right, you know not how
And I say to myself, I think I'd like that.

And then you want to see them, be it day or night
You writhe restless in agony till of them you catch sight
Your anxious heart hopes the next call is from them
You hope for that one precious IM
For you never knew love could be so cruel, one so true
And I say to myself, I think I'd like that.

It's the small things which often tell
Nuances which reveal the outcome of such a spell
You want to buy them things, cute puppies or teddys they may be
Or simple tulips, for all the world to see
And when she smiles, you think all time has stopped
And I say to myself, I think I'd like that.

It is true love when you fight over the smallest of things
And then when she takes you back, your heart almost springs
Making her breakfast in bed, and a candle light dinner
Treat her like the princess she is for, not being true, you remain a sinner
And you spend a fortune buying her purses and shoes
And I say to myself, I think I'd like that.

And then you grow old, and you look back
And you smile at the years gone by in a crack
You're glad she was with you, every moment, every day
Not saying you love her every minute, always on your heart does weigh
And your breaths draw weaker, as you fade hand in hand
And I say to myself, I think I'd like that.

1 comment: